With the number of websites and online stores increasing drastically, the need to use keywords have grown as well. Moreover, due to numerous similar offers and services, it has become extremely difficult for businesses to reach their target audience and for potential buyers to reach them.
This growing need has made keywords very important in the business world. They are simply ideas and topics that are able to define what your website content is all about. Making use of keywords for your online contents would ensure that your potential buyers are able to reach you and make purchases.
You have to carefully study how potential buyers are searching for the contents, services or products that you offer. This would enable fix your content to meet their search needs. If this is not done, you could end up losing potential buyers to your long list of competitors.
Applying keywords to your online content will ensure that you stay miles ahead of your competitors and most importantly that potential buyers looking for your service are able to find or locate you.
While making use of keywords is essential, ensure that you do not place more than necessary keywords. This could result in keyword stuffing. This is bad for your website and could reduce its ranking on search engines.
Importance Of Keywords
Makes your site reachable – Using keywords for your online store or website helps reach your customers. When you make use of good keywords, Google would rank your website higher for a particular niche. So, ensure that you make use of keywords.
Creates substantial traffic – Using keywords would definitely increase traffic on your website. When your page is ranked high by Google, more people would be willing to visit your page to check out the type of services you offer. Increased traffic might also translate into increased sales, thus meaning more profits.
Better traffic – When there is a crime scene and the police ask questions about the people that were present during or before the scene, they are doing so to ensure that they are able to identify the suspects. This is how keywords are. The better and well-suited keywords that you make use of, the easier it is for your potential buyers to be able to locate your website.
Keeps you ahead of your competitors – With the increase in online stores and websites, it has become a lot more difficult to get customers because more people are selling or offering the same service.
How then do you stay ahead?
To better reach your potential customers, you have to make use of keywords. You can carry out a quick market research to find out which words tend to rank higher in search engines. After this research, you have to accordingly place your keywords to ensure that these search engines rank your site higher. Doing this will place you miles ahead of your competitors and ensure that more people visit your website.
Keywords Checker Tools And Why They Are Important
While there are tons of benefits of keywords, there are also dozens of keywords checker tools that have been developed. Personally, I’m using Jaaxy, a Premium Keyword Research Tool developed by the Co-founders of Wealthy Affiliate. But if you are not interested in Jaaxy, then you could also use a tool like Google keyword planner or any other you prefer.
Are you ready to start your own personal research on Jaaxy? Use the keyword research box below. Free Trial (30 searches)
Some of the reasons why you should make use of these tools includes:
- It helps to know the relevance of each of the keywords you decide to use – keywords will help track down the right audience to your website. These keywords checker help you to understand how the market works, to know which keywords have been searched most by potential customers and to ensure that you are able to tailor your content to be found by these potential customers.
- Helps you dig deeper – these keywords search tools would help you dig deeper into which keywords would drag more visitors to your website. Also, they will help you search for the long tail keywords that are sure to drag the needed traffic to your website.
- Helps to identify your niche market – can help you to assess the market and well as its potential to grow in the future.
- Helps you to learn the language of your customers – keywords help you to understand the language of your potential customers to enable you to tailor your website to reach the target desired-audience.
- Helps to improve the navigation of your website – keywords are not just used for locating your website, they help to make navigation as easy as possible. These keywords have been placed next to the navigation options to ensure that buyers can quickly navigate through the website.
How To Find Your Best Keywords For Your Industry
Most of the beginners or new site owners make several mistakes when it comes to keywords and how they are used.
The first mistake is that they make Keywords search just once.
Secondly, they don’t update the keywords for their specific industry.
Thirdly, expanding and updating keywords should be your job as a site owner. You have to regularly evaluate used keywords and also carry out regular keywords research to ensure that you are able to discover keywords that your competitors are not aware of.
Fourthly, you have to regularly experiment new keywords to ensure that you are able to stay ahead of your long list of industry competitors.
The question now is how are you able to stand out from the crowd?
It is simply by making use of keywords and at the same time answering the necessary questions that potential customers would definitely be asking about the type of service and products that you are selling.
Watch the videos below on how to how to find your best keywords.
Where To Place Keywords
Once you are able to identify various keywords that can be used to improve the type of traffic that your website gets, it is important that you know where to place these keywords to ensure that they are able to reach your target audience. In this section, we will discuss the appropriate places where you can place keywords.
- Page title – ensure that your content’s page title is less than 55 characters, ensure that you include most of the important keywords in your title page. While doing this, ensure that you do not end up stuffing tons of keywords on the title page. This would make your title page spammy.
- Header tags – they tell to search engines that the header is important. Adding a keyword to these headers will help your site to be picked and ranked by the search engines. Also, it important that you do not confuse search engines by placing images in your header.
- Meta description – this is basically a snippet of information that can be found under a search result and it helps to describe your page or post. A suitable and well-planned meta description should not be more than 155 characters and should also contain a keyword.
- Content – the content for each page or post that you create must contain your keywords. For each page/post, endeavor to have two keywords used. While doing this, ensure that you do not flood your content with more than necessary keywords.
- Alt tags – images could also help you rank higher. One of the most popular search engines, Google, is color blind. So, ensure that for every image you make use of, your keywords would be included under image description.
There are various places where you can place Keywords, but these are the prominent places that are sure to be picked by search engines.
While using keywords, it is important that you have the primary, secondary and long tail keywords. To use these keywords, you have to:
- Ensure to build your content around the identified keywords
- Ensure that your selected keywords appear in various contexts. Also, ensure that your content is creative and beneficial to the reader
- Make use of synonyms and ensure to have keywords created around them.
- Make sure your content is meant to please your readers. By offering quality content you can subtly add these keywords and this will help you to rank in search engines.
Three Best Rules Of A Quality Keyword
There are a few rules that you need to follow to find your best Keywords for your niche and content.
Rule #1: Your keyword should have more than 30 monthly searches. Sometimes could be less than this, but over 30 searches per month is ideal.
Rule #2: It needs to have less than 100 QSR (Competition). Keep your competition below 100 pages in Google, the lower it is, the better. As you progress with your website and you will be gaining more authority and better ranks in search engines, then you will target keywords with bigger competition.
Rule #3: Keyword must make sense. If the keyword doesn’t make grammatical sense, don’t use it.
So, if you seek to increase the number of daily visitors, it is important that you research and use keywords. This helps increase sales as well as keeps you ahead of your competitors.
Please, if you have questions, feel free and leave a comment below.
Be social and share this post by using the share buttons below.